10 Songs You’re Most Likely To Sing In The Shower
For many, their shower is a place of warmth, safety, and above all – no judgement.
Though it’s usually a speedy affair, plenty can take place in the shower. It’s where we go to ponder big decisions, finish arguments, or even have a cry if something hasn’t gone our way. No matter who you are, the shower is a place you can feel safe – and if you’re in the mood for it, it’s where you can express yourself through song.
We think this self-expression is worth celebrating.
So no matter if you’re feeling nostalgic, ecstatic, sad or optimistic, here are 10 songs we think you’re most likely to sing in the shower.
1. If you’ve had a day full of wins – ‘You’re The Voice’ by John Farnham
Is there a more iconic Aussie anthem? We think not. This epic song takes vocal chops to belt out in the shower – bonus points if you can reach the impressive high notes in each chorus.
2. If you’re feeling nostalgic – ‘Mmm Bop’ by Hanson
No matter when you were born, this bouncy throwback song is sure to put you in a good mood.
3. If you’re getting ready for a date – ‘Good As Hell’ by Lizzo
Lizzo’s the queen of self-love, so her music is the perfect way to hype yourself up before heading on a date.
4. If the date went well – ‘Here Comes The Bride’
Too soon? It doesn’t matter, this song is fun to sing all the same!
5. If you’ve recently watched a 90’s flick – ‘Teenage Dirtbag’ by Wheatus
This song feels like it was in every single 90’s movie – and though it’s a tad overplayed, it’s a stupidly fun song to belt out in your bathroom.
6. If you’re in the mood for Disney – ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen
Sometimes you’ve got to sing like nobody is watching – and for many closeted Disney fans, that means letting it all go, donning your imaginary crown and belting out a cartoon classic.
7. If you’ve had your heart broken – ‘Someone You Loved’ by Lewis Capaldi
A cry in the shower can be cathartic, as can a song. This one’s for those healing from a heartbreak, and its meaningful lyrics are sure to stir up some feelings.
8. If you can’t be kept down – ‘Tub Thumping’ by Chumba Wumba
Sure, this one’s a bit literal – but you can’t deny, it’s a song guaranteed to keep your confidence at an all-time high!
9. If you’ve watched everything on Netflix and are stuck watching Glee reruns – ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ by Journey
Whether you missed the Glee hype in 2009 or you aren’t familiar with rock band Journey, this song’s a bonafide classic that’s worth adding to your shower karaoke rotation. Air electric guitar skills are mandatory.
10. If you’re ready for summer – ‘In The Summertime’ by Thirsty Merc
This Aussie classic is a tribute to summer down under, and is the perfect laidback tune to belt out as the weather warms up.