- 2 1/2 cups diced seeded Roma tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup drained small capers
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Baguette slices
- In a colander or sieve, combine tomatoes with salt. Place over a bowl and let drain for 1 hour.
- Combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Serve with baguette slices.