- 2/3 packet Granita or arrowroot biscuits
- 63gm butter
- maple or golden syrup, to taste
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1 packet lemon jelly
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- juice of 1 lemon (1/3 cup)
- 250gm cream cheese
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 375ml can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 500g frozen berries
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Crush biscuits in a food processor.
- Mix together melted butter, biscuits and syrup in a bowl.
- Line 25cm round tin with biscuit base and put in the fridge to set.
- In a small bowl or jug, dissolve jelly in 2/3 cup boiling water; add lemon juice to make up one cup.
- In a large bowl, whip chilled evaporated milk until thick.
- In a medium bowl, beat cheese with castor sugar and vanilla until smooth using egg beaters.
- Gradually add dissolved jelly to cheese mixture.
- Slowly fold some whipped evaporated milk into cheese mixture and vice versa.
- Add to biscuit base and place in fridge until set.
- Once cheesecake is nearly set, blend thawed frozen berries mixed with 1 teaspoon of gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water and spread over the cheesecake.
- Serve when berry topping is set.