- 9 lb (4 kg) ready-to-serve (fully cooked) bone-in ham
- Whole cloves*
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling white wine
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 165°C
- Leaving a thin layer of fat, trim rind and excess fat from ham. Score ham in a criss-cross fashion to make diamonds. Using a thin metal skewer, poke a small hole in centre of each diamond. Insert a clove into each hole. Place ham on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, to prepare glaze, combine remaining ingredients in a medium non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from oven. Brush ham with some of the glaze. Continue baking, uncovered, basting twice with remaining glaze, for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer registers
. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Remove and discard cloves before serving.