- 1 spaghetti squash (1.3 kg), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place one squash half, cut side up, in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/2 cm water to baking dish. Microwave, covered, on high (100% power) until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, use a fork to pull squash strands free from shell. Transfer squash to a bowl; discard shell.
- Repeat procedure with remaining squash half. There should be about 5 cups squash in total; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium frypan over medium-low heat. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until butter is golden brown, about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cream, sage, salt and pepper to browned butter; stir to combine.
- Pour browned butter mixture over squash. Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Serve immediately.