- 1 cup dry white wine
- 24 mussels, rinsed and scrubbed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped canned roasted red peppers
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place 1 cup wine in a large deep frypan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add mussels and simmer, covered, just until mussels open, about 3 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels. Drain mussels and rinse under cold running water.
- When cool enough to handle, remove mussel meat from shells. Break mussel shells in half at the hinge. Toss shells with 3 tbsp olive oil and refrigerate.
- To prepare marinade, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add mussels and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- To serve, place each mussel into a half shell and drizzle with a small amount of marinade. Discard any remaining marinade and half shells. Arrange mussels on a platter. Serve immediately.