- 1 packet of frozen (or fresh) filo pastry, defrosted
- 3 packets frozen spinach, finely chopped, defrosted
- 250g feta cheese
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 – 4 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- Defrost pastry and spinach. Firmly squeeze excess liquid out of spinach so it is as dry as possible.
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Crumble feta cheese and finely chop the spring onions.
- Mix spinach, feta cheese and spring onions in a bowl. Add 3 eggs and mix well. If the mixture is dry, add 1 more egg.
- Remove pastry from the carton and cover with a damp tea towel to prevent drying out.
- Lay a sheet of pastry and brush with oil. Add another sheet and brush with oil, then add a third.
- Line the base of the dish with the 3 sheets of pastry. Add a layer of the spinach mixture.
- Repeat the pastry process with the 3 sheets of oiled pastry and then top with the spinach.
- Continue the process until all spinach is used and you finish with pastry on top.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Check to ensure the pastry isn’t browning too quickly and then reduce the oven to 150C Degrees. Cook until the pie looks risen and firm.
- Remove from oven, cut into portions and serve hot or cold.