- 300g can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 20g butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the tomato soup and baking soda in a bowl, and let it stand.
- Cream sugar, egg, butter, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in tomato soup and soda mixture, and then flour. Stir in the raisins, and pour the batter into a greased baking dish (10 inch square cake).
- Bake for 1 hour, or until done. Cool the cake, and top with cream cheese icing.
- To prepare cream cheese frosting, place cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating until combined.